Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 1.0 and Visual Studio.NET > VS.NET 2002/2003
|
VS.NET 2002/2003 Discussions about the Visual Studio.NET programming environment, the 2002 (1.0) and 2003 (1.1). ** Please don't post code questions here ** For issues specific to a particular language in .NET, please see the other forum categories.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the VS.NET 2002/2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old February 24th, 2005, 05:38 AM

Default VS.Net 2002 Properties Tab Disappeared

Hi, up until yesterday I was running VS.Net with virtually no problems, but this morning I have lost the properties tab from all of my projects - including new projects I create. I also suffer from the properties tab not opening properly to show the details but simply closing and opening VS.net again solves that.

My current problem is that no matter what I do, the Properties tab will not even show up on screen in any way, shape or form.

I have closed VS.net a few times as well as rebooted the PC twice, and even wasted a lot of time reinstalling the entire program. But nothing has changed.

Has anyone else suffered from this and found a fix or workaround?

Many Thanks

Old February 24th, 2005, 07:21 AM

OK the problem has now been compounded by the loss of intellisense and colours for reserved words/comments etc.

I've seen a few other people elsewhere reporting similar problems to this but no solutions/workarounds/hacks for it yet.

Old February 25th, 2005, 06:19 AM

Update: Well it seems as though the properties tab will only appear when it is actually in debug or release mode but once I exit debug/release mode the properties window disappears again. It also won't let me run debug twice and get the properties up both times. I have to then switch to release mode to get it back and then to debug again after that... ad infinitum

Update 2: I have found a temporary workaround for it. Whilst in debug/release mode when it actually appears, if you disable it's ability to dock, hide and float then when you stop the debug/release the properties will remain in it's own window and you can click on the tab across the top.

It's not ideal as you have to keep clicking back and forth between the tabs to access the properties but for the time being it at least works. Again if anyone knows of a proper fix for this I would be grateful.

Old March 16th, 2005, 02:51 PM

I'm having the same problem. I've no idea what triggered it. Now as you said, I've disabled its docking and floating properties. So it's in a separate window.I've got umpteen number of bugs in the vb.net controls and databinding, but this tops everything. Is anyone in Microsoft listening?

Old August 4th, 2006, 12:37 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to amyth

This is what I tried in the same scenario mentioned; reduce the screen resolution to the least; and reverted it back to orignal. The problem is fixed; U can give a Try.

It happened with my fellow too, as he lost Find and Replace Box, well lost I mean it was outside the workspace area; not visible on the screen.
Let me know if it works for anyone.