Wrox Programmer Forums
|
VS.NET 2002/2003 Discussions about the Visual Studio.NET programming environment, the 2002 (1.0) and 2003 (1.1). ** Please don't post code questions here ** For issues specific to a particular language in .NET, please see the other forum categories.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the VS.NET 2002/2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old September 6th, 2007, 08:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to dotnetsathya
Default ASP.NET + Excel

Hi,
This is Sathya from Bangalore, a fresher in Dot Net Programming working for a small Software Organization.

I have created a web application [Using vb.net as the code behind language -VS.NET 2003]. Through this application I am trying to import data from MS Excel 2000 to MS Access database, which did not have any problem while importing. It gets successfully imported when Excels are in protected mode.

Now I created some excel sheets from other PC with different MS Office version and tried to import, it did not go through. I opened these excels [other office version ]from the PC through MS Office 2000, where I developed the application and saved them. Then I was able to import under protected mode.

If I un protect the excel sheet and modify some data, protect it and save it, I am not able to import. My application halts forever and does not go through.

I am using Ms Excel 9.0 as the ref object in my application.

Here is the code which I am using.

Dim objXl As New Excel.Application
objXl.ShowWindowsInTaskbar = True
objXl.Workbooks.Add(PathNameofExcel)
objXl.Sheets(1).select()

When I debug the program, it comes to
'objXl.Workbooks.Add(PathNameofExcel)' line of code and halts forever.

Without any modification the excel will get imported, with little modifications and saving it in protected mode, it behaves this way with the same excel sheet.

Please Provide some solution for this.

Best Regards
Sathya
Dreams Unlimited