Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results ISBN: 978-0-471-74951-6
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results by Imar Spaanjaars, Paul Wilton, Shawn Livermore; ISBN: 9780471749516
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results ISBN: 978-0-471-74951-6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old July 19th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Authorized User

Default Any Revised/Corrected code available now..?

Hello Imar,

I have returned again in this section after a little gap.
Previously we had a bit discussion of few codes not working for admin,
and other chapters.

Is there any revised code/corrected code available now. The code downloaded form wrox site had many errors.

I believe you had once again corrected few codes at your end.

Can you kindly post a link for those revised codes. I need it badly to start with admin and other sections.

Thanks

SoftMind

Old July 19th, 2006, 02:34 AM
Wrox Author

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

Hi SoftMind,

There is no new code download available on the Wrox site. The only thing that should be uploaded to the Downloads section any day now is a revised version of the database for the CMS chapter.

Are you referring to specific chapters or problems? Most problems reported in this forum had to do with configuration errors, not with code errors, so there isn't much to correct. There are a few problems related to code (editing priority of a bug in chapter 12, delete confirmation in the WebShop chapter and a few more) that have been reported here in this forum, but I am unsure what you are referring to with "many errors"...

Imar

---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.

Old July 19th, 2006, 12:23 PM
Wrox Staff
Points: 18,059, Level: 58 Points: 18,059, Level: 58 Points: 18,059, Level: 58
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Oh, no! I didn't realize the new CMS database for chapter 5 hadn't been posted yet. I just checked and that got stuck with someone who's out on leave and I've asked the dept head to get it posted right away. Sorry for the delay!

Jim Minatel
Senior Acquisitions Editor
Wiley Technology Publishing
WROX Press
Blog: http://wroxblog.typepad.com/
Jim's Book of the week: No book this week - Donate to the Red Cross!

Old July 20th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Authorized User

Dear Sir,

Pl. inform us, with a sticky link, when the revised chapter 5 is posted here.

Thanks

Old July 20th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Wrox Author

Hi SoftMind,

The only sticky link for an updated database at this moment is this one: http://Imar.Spaanjaars.Com/Downloads.../CmsUpdate.zip

This one will be around for the foreseeable future. However, Wrox will also post a link to the *exact same* database on the book's download page any day now. However, if you grab the database from the URL above, you have everything you need to run the CMS app.

Cheers,

Imar
Imar Spaanjaars
Author of ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results and Beginning Dreamweaver MX / MX 2004
While typing this post, I was listening to: Blind by Placebo (Track 8 from the album: Meds) What's This?

Old July 21st, 2006, 03:46 PM
Wrox Author

Hi SoftMind,

In case you missed Jim's post in this forum, take a look here for a direct download of the updated CMS database.

Cheers,

Imar
Imar Spaanjaars
Author of ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results and Beginning Dreamweaver MX / MX 2004
While typing this post, I was listening to: Hot Like A Sauna (metal mix) by Tricky with DJ Muggs and Grease (Track 9 from the album: Juxtapose) What's This?