Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results ISBN: 978-0-471-74951-6
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results by Imar Spaanjaars, Paul Wilton, Shawn Livermore; ISBN: 9780471749516
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results ISBN: 978-0-471-74951-6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old November 14th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Authorized User

Default Uploading

I'm pretty sure that this isn't the right place to ask it but i don't now where to else.

I am really new to asp.net
I've just made the Webshop i don't have iis running because i'm using windows XP home. I just use visual studio's localhost for testing.

Now everything works like it should.
But when i try to upload it to the webserver (use ftp) it doens't work.

The tries:
1. I've tried to publish it trough the publish mode of visual studio, I then get the problem of: Error 103 'ShoppingCartView' is ambiguous.
Sometimes it doesn't give errors when i have all files closed.
2. I've tried to just put it on my ftp trough smartftp.
this works offcourse but it get weird errors:
first i get the error i should put erromode to off (i know this) so ive added that to my web.config.

But then i keep getting these errors :S

Code:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Code:
Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 20:     </connectionStrings>
Line 21:     <system.web>
Line 22:         <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 23:             <forms loginUrl="~/Registreer.aspx"/>
Line 24:         </authentication>

Source File: d:\internet\root\www\itasc\www\webshop\web.config    Line: 22

Show Additional Configuration Errors:

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (d:\internet\root\www\itasc\www\webshop\web.config line 25)

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (d:\internet\root\www\itasc\www\webshop\web.config line 42)

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (d:\internet\root\www\itasc\www\webshop\web.config line 48)

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210
so i've made that invisible and then tried again but he keeps giving me diffrent errors in the web.config file and eventualy he says again i should set error mode to off (while i allready did that)

Could someone help me on what i all have to change to my files to upload a website.

Old November 14th, 2007, 06:13 AM
Wrox Author
Points: 70,322, Level: 100 Points: 70,322, Level: 100 Points: 70,322, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

Hi Rebel,

This is more related to configuration than it is to the book Instant Results, so please post this again at the Beginning ASP.NET or Professional ASP.NET forums here at Wrox.com. There are more people there able to help you figure this out.

Also, look at my earlier reply on this topic. I think you browse to:

www.yourdomain.com/webshop

while you should use:

www.yourdomain.com

You need to put all the files in the root; not in a separate folder as the /webshop is not configured as a virtual directory (as the message indicates)

Please post any follow up messages in one of the forums I mentioned.

Cheers,

Imar
---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
http://Imar.Spaanjaars.Com
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Author of ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results and Beginning Dreamweaver MX / MX 2004
Want to be my colleague? Then check out this post.