Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution by Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780764584640
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old October 10th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Friend of Wrox

Maxxim,

Not sure if you tried this, but have you tried using Convert.ToBase64String?

HTH.

Cheers,

Peter

http://entropia-online.blogspot.com/

Old October 10th, 2007, 05:00 PM
Friend of Wrox

Thanks Peter...

Really I don't remember if I tried this... (I think i tried all except the right solution)
The problem here it's because if the string don't be in the right way the insert will be corrupted and the iserted binary will have other value completely different!

Now I moved to others problems and i don't have my solution ready to try this but when I have i'll try and write here the result!

Old October 11th, 2007, 02:42 AM
Friend of Wrox

Maxxim,

I camr across that bit of code while googling to see if I could find sometghing specific to help you out. But like you said, a lot of pages did mention that if any truncation would occur, or any slight manipulation of the string, the "new" binary would be radically different.

I know how you feel though. I've had countless times where I was very close to a solution, and then started trying out various things, only to find out i most likely did try the proper solution, but not with the right amount of parameters or something like that :)

Just out of curiosity, are you trying to export BLOBs, or is the problem the default binary data stored in the profile table?

Peter

http://entropia-online.blogspot.com/

Old October 11th, 2007, 03:20 AM
Friend of Wrox

My first problem was import BLOBs.

In version 1 I had my password field in blob!
I tried to make this same script, without sucess!
But I used a sqlprocedure to solve my problem!

First I generated all inserts by asp.net
Second I call this sql procedure and made an "update line for each userPassword"
And it worked for me in version 1!

But now, the generated aspnet tables has a couple of binary/Image/gui/etc fields!
It's hard to use the same solution!
But I don't want to loose more time with this! If someone cames here and tell me how can I convert a datareader with profile binary to string: GREAT!! If nobody appears I'll use the wizard!

Thanks for the help