Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution by Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780764584640
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old October 24th, 2007, 06:59 AM

Send a message via MSN to luisman_luisman
Default users login problem

Hello Forum!
I´m new in ASP.NET and recently I uploaded a TBH based site to a shred hosting.
The project worked fine in the testing environment (IIS 5.1 ,sql\express and later tested with the remote DB).
Once in the server all worked fine except the users login. You can register as a user and the registration data is stored fine in the DB.
But when you login in the site the page does the PostBack and the LoginView shows anonymous state again. The site is stopped there. The
hosting support told me that the domain and server has the necessary permissions.
Anyone had this issue before?
Thanks in advance for the help
luisman

Old October 24th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Friend of Wrox

luisman_luisman - yes, i've seen it before. the only way i could solve it was to remove the 'remeber me' option (or make sure that it isn't checked).

i never figured out why this happened but was able to 'fix' it by doing the above.

jimi

http://www.originaltalent.com

Old October 24th, 2007, 10:20 AM

Thanks jimi!

But did not solve the problem in this case.
Is particularly difficult because there´s no error message shown, So I really lost in where the problem is.

Old October 24th, 2007, 02:58 PM

As Marco wrote:

"Under the covers, this control(logincontrol) calls the Membership.ValidateUser method to check whether the provided credentials are found in the data store, and if so, it calls FormsAuthentication .RedirectFormLoginPage to create the encrypted authentication ticket, saves it into a client cookie, and redirects to the page that the user originally tried to access before being redirected to the login page.."Just to find a path: When I login with a registered user , the control does not redirect me to the "access denied" page, so I think that the method returns "true" and then redirects to the original page but with anonymous status. Cookies issue? fails the authentication ticket? Any idea of how can I check this? If you want to check by yourself this is the site:
www.ladichamusical.com.ar

Thanks in advance to the Forum!

Old October 26th, 2007, 12:10 PM

My recent search tolds me that the user is logged but the loginView doesn't change the status...
Any help with this? ...any?
thanks to the forum

Old November 16th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Friend of Wrox

You may have lost referrential integrity in the aspnet_xxx tables. Check the application and the related tables to see if you can link them up. Maybe the user is registering for the wrong application.

Old November 20th, 2007, 07:41 AM

Hi Englere thnks for the reply. Finally I solved the problem rebuilding the login section of the master page. I quit the tables in the login layout template and it´s started to work. This situation only happened with FFox.
regards
luisman

Old November 12th, 2009, 03:21 PM

Unhappy iis prompt for user name and password

hello please help me

i install iis in my local copmuter to test web-pages but when i request from
browser it prompt for user name and password
i logged as a administrator
i give user name and password but it deny to logged in

please help me

Old November 12th, 2009, 03:48 PM

Unhappy iis prompt for user name and password