Wrox Programmer Forums
| Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Beginning VB.NET 2nd Edition/Beginning VB.NET 2003
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional VB.NET 2003 by Bill Evjen, Billy Hollis, Rockford Lhotka, Tim McCarthy, Jonathan Pinnock, Rama Ramachandran, Bill Sheldon; ISBN: 9780764559921
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning VB.NET 2nd Edition/Beginning VB.NET 2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Authorized User

Send a message via ICQ to bjackman Send a message via MSN to bjackman
Default Form Design

Hello all,

This question makes me feel like a fool but i'm going to ask it anyway. I am currently reading the book and as i do the try this sections i also make a new project and try to practically apply this knowledge to databases i have already built in Access 2003. My question is this, i have a form with several elements on it and i wanted to insert a horizontal line to separate the sections of the form. How can i do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Branden

Old July 27th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Wrox Author

Branden,

The .Net framework doesn't have a line control in the toolbox as you have already discovered. By far the easiest way to draw a line on a form at design time is to use a Label control.

Drop a Label control onto your form and align it to the left side of your form where you want it. Then drag the right side of the Label control to the right edge of your form where you want it to end. Finally, clear the Text property of the label, set the Height property (part of the Size property) to 1 and optionally set the BackColor property to ControlDark.

I hope this helps.

Thearon