Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > C# and C > C# 4.0 aka C# 2010 > BOOK: Professional C# 4.0 and .NET 4
Password Reminder
Register
Register | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: Professional C# 4.0 and .NET 4
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional C# 4.0 and .NET 4 by Christian Nagel, Bill Evjen, Jay Glynn, Karli Watson, Morgan Skinner; ISBN: 9780470502259
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional C# 4.0 and .NET 4 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old November 25th, 2010, 02:06 PM

Exclamation Desktop WPF and Online SQL

while i reading the book, i found you was introduce WCF, Entity and some other many many solution to communicate with data, but...

there is no example on how to dealing with online server by using window application, e.g. WPF

may i know how can i solve this question ? because i going to prepare my FYP and need to do this by solve the problem of allow user read the report anywhere while admin is adding new data into report via window application

just modify the connection string ? or any other better way to solve this ?
Thank you for reply =D
Old April 15th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Wrox Author
Points: 1,163, Level: 13 Points: 1,163, Level: 13 Points: 1,163, Level: 13
Activity: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Not sure what you want to achieve. You want to create an n-tier application with a server that accesses a database and offers data to a client application? The server could offer WCF services and makes use of the Entity Framework to query and update the database. This could be hosted in WAS or you could do a self-hosting with Windows services. From WPF you can connect to the WCF service.

Christian
Follow me on twitter: @christiannagel
The Following User Says Thank You to ChristianNagel For This Useful Post:
spencerlim (April 17th, 2011)