Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Professional SharePoint 2007 Development ISBN: 978-0-470-11756-9
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Professional SharePoint 2007 Development by John Holliday, John Alexander, Jeff Julian, Eli Robillard, Brendon Schwartz, Matt Ranlett, J. Dan Attis, Adam Buenz, Tom Rizzo; ISBN: 9780470117569
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Professional SharePoint 2007 Development ISBN: 978-0-470-11756-9 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old January 21st, 2009, 08:40 AM

Default getting the same issue

i checked the folder name and place were the files are....its all correct,, still the problem is occuring,
this the place were the files are are..
12\TEMPLATE\SiteTemplates\MySiteDefinition
and i see default.aspx, MySiteDefinition.master page in the same folder and
onet.xml is in XML folder.

I tried even with defaultdws.aspx changed with MasterPageFile="~masterurl/custom.master"... still not working.

Old June 4th, 2009, 05:26 PM

Default Error File Not Found

Has anyone managed to find a fix for this problem?

I've run through the steps a couple of times now (each time fully reverting to a previous VM state) without luck.

Old June 19th, 2009, 11:05 AM

Default Still Not Working

I'm having the same issue, and I checked where the project was saved, etc. I did notice that on p. 103 in the table describing attributes of the Project element, it says that the CSS (and js?) files are located in the[WSS]\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\1033\STYLES\folder, but in the walk-through, we are instructed to copy them to the[WSS]\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Custom\MySiteDefinition\folder. I assumed this was because they were for a custom site definition, but I tried copying the files to the first location in the post-build script, and that didn't work either.Using either folder, the site gets created (it shows up in Sites and Workspaces) but when you try to navigate to it you get the File Not Found error.

Old June 19th, 2009, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdattis View Post
Folks,

If this is not the case, please post the content of your webtemp files as well as the folder structure of your project.

Thanks,

Dan
Code:
<?xmlversion="1.0"encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- _lcid="1033" _version="12.0.4518" _dal="1" -->
<!-- _LocalBinding -->
<Templatesxmlns:ows="Microsoft SharePoint">
<TemplateName="GLOBAL"SetupPath="global"ID="0">
<ConfigurationID="0"Title="Global template"Hidden="TRUE"ImageUrl=""Description="This template is used for initializing a new site." > </Configuration>
</Template>
<TemplateName="MySiteDefinition"ID="10001">
<ConfigurationID="0"Title="My Custom Site"Hidden="FALSE"ImageUrl="/_layouts/images/stsprev.png"Description="My Custom Site Description"DisplayCategory="Custom" > </Configuration>
</Template>
</Templates>
Project Directory:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\SiteTemplates\MySiteDefinit ion

and the MySiteDefinition contains the following:
bin folder
obj folder
Properties folder
XML folder containing ONET.xml
core.css
core.js
default.aspx
MySiteDefinition.cs
MySiteDefinition.aspx
MySiteDefinition.sln
WEBTEMPMySiteDefinition.xml

Post-build script:

xcopy ..\..\WEBTEMPMySiteDefinition.XML "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\1033\XML\" /y
xcopy ..\..\core.css "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Custom\MySiteDefini tion\" /y
xcopy ..\..\core.js "C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\LAYOUTS\Custom\MySiteDefini tion\" /y