Wrox Programmer Forums
Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > Visual Basic > VB 6 Visual Basic 6 > Pro VB 6
|
Pro VB 6 For advanced Visual Basic coders working in version 6 (not .NET). Beginning-level questions will be redirected to other forums, including Beginning VB 6.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Pro VB 6 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old July 23rd, 2004, 05:47 AM
Friend of Wrox

Send a message via MSN to madhukp
Default Access HTML form values in a VB DLL

Hello Friends,

I need to create a VB DLL to access the values from an HTML form. I will explain it in more detail.

There is an ASP page which contains a Form. Upon submitting, it should submit the form values to a DLL. The DLL should process it and give a result back.

May I know how this is possible ?

Old July 23rd, 2004, 06:01 AM
Friend of Wrox

Hi,

You need to add a reference in your project to the "Microsoft Active Server Pages Object Library", then implement an OnStartPage method in the class you create from ASP:

Code:
Public Sub OnStartPage(pScriptingContext As ScriptingContext)
        ' do something with the Scripting Context
    Dim fieldValue as String
    fieldValue = pScriptingContext.Request.Form("myFormField")
End Sub
You could set a reference to the scripting context & then use it anywhere in your project.

HTH,

Chris

Old July 25th, 2004, 11:58 PM
Friend of Wrox

Send a message via MSN to madhukp

Hello Chris,

Yes, I tried this and it is working. Thanks for the reply.