Wrox Programmer Forums
|
SQL Server 2000 General discussion of Microsoft SQL Server -- for topics that don't fit in one of the more specific SQL Server forums. version 2000 only. There's a new forum for SQL Server 2005.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the SQL Server 2000 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old June 14th, 2004, 07:06 AM
Authorized User

Default Lets me in as a Guest only

Hi,

I can not enter the SQL Server on my laptop (Win XP) from my PC (Win 2000) under my integrated Win login. It lets me in as a Guest only.
What to do?
(In the opposite direction it goes OK.)

Thanks!
Mladen

Old June 14th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Friend of Wrox

Send a message via MSN to jemacc

Check which mode you have used for authentication on both machines. Do you have client on one and server on the other.

Old June 15th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Authorized User

I have used the same mode on both machines and that is - the login for Windows serves automatically as login for SQL Server.

Old June 17th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Friend of Wrox

I believe this is because you are not within the same domain. Have you actualy setup a domain for your network?

Sal

Old June 17th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Friend of Wrox

This has nothing to do with one being client and one being server.

Sal

Old June 18th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Authorized User

Thanks for helping me.
Yes, I have setup a domain on both machines, if we think on same thing. I think on choosing domain option during install process of the SQL Server. My network is in fact these two machines. The domains got their names from the machines' names.
Thanks once more. Best regards,
Mladen
P.S. I will be absent till July 2.

Old June 19th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Friend of Wrox

You may have indeed two sepparate domains. I am not as good with networking, but I have has this issue only when the SQL Server was not in the domain or in a Netware environment.

When you installed the first windows OS, did you create a domain, ?

when you installed the second OS, did you create a new domain or did you join an existing domain?

You mention creating a domain on both machines, this two domains may not nessesarily be the same domain.

try this site and do a search on this:

www.sqlmag.com

You should be able to find your answer there. It may just be a simple network configuration of making the client a part ot the domain of the server.

When you come back, let us know how you are doing with your issue.

Sal

Old July 12th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Authorized User

The problem WAS in ForceGuest=1.
Thanks for help!

Mladen