Wrox Programmer Forums
|
Visual Web Developer 2008 Discuss creating ASP.NET 3.5 sites with Microsoft's Visual Web Developer 2008. If your question is more specific to a piece of code than the Visual tool, see the ASP.NET 3.5 forums instead. If your question is specific to the "Express Edition" be sure to state that in your post.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the Visual Web Developer 2008 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old February 25th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Authorized User

Default Calendar Control

Could anyone give me some initial pointers on how to link the basic calendar control in ASP.NET to a sql database. I am using VWD2008 Express, and have dropped the control onto a page. I would like to be able to display information about a particular date below the calendar when that date is clicked. Thanks

Old February 25th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Wrox Author

The question is a little unclear. Do you want to display information from your database that is linked to the date? Or do you just want to display information about the ACTUAL date picked, like maybe what day of the week it falls on?

If it is #1, you would do this the same way you might if you specified the date in some other way, like a textbox. The calandar has a SelectedDate property that you can feed to a data source control.

Code:
if (this.PostHelpedYou)
{
   ClickThanksButton(); 
}
The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Dumond For This Useful Post:
Spider (February 27th, 2009)

Old February 27th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Authorized User

Yes, I guess I didn't really make that question too clear. I'd like to be able to display the day, but also then display additional information, say if there was an event planned for that day.