Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > .NET > .NET 1.0 and Visual Studio.NET > VS.NET 2002/2003
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
VS.NET 2002/2003 Discussions about the Visual Studio.NET programming environment, the 2002 (1.0) and 2003 (1.1). ** Please don't post code questions here ** For issues specific to a particular language in .NET, please see the other forum categories.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the VS.NET 2002/2003 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old May 5th, 2006, 02:46 PM

Try this IE > Tools > Options > Advance > Disable Debugger (other)

Old June 19th, 2006, 03:42 PM

Has any progress been made with this issue? I got the JIT Debugger to run but I still can't run my program. This is what it says:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled
Process id=0xd6c (3436), Thread id = 0x4e8 (1256)

Please help

Old July 4th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Authorized User

Send a message via Yahoo to eelisMX

Hi

I had the same error poping up once I tried to run my app (after successful installation). Many forums refer to it as a .NET related issue, might be even a corrupted installation of .NET.

Well, in my case it was the App.config file. There was a key-value pair that was automatically entered by VS into the appSettings section (dynamic URL of web-reference). Since I don't use this value, I replaced it with a random string... turned out the JIT expects an URL (or at least a http://blabla) and that caused the error message "Application has generated an Exception that could not be handled.." and "Registered JIT debugger is not available.."

Hope it helps, at least to some..
Old July 25th, 2006, 10:48 PM

Hi i have a same thing problem.

It says Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Click Ok to terminate the application
Click CANCEL to debug the application

and also

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe la 0xe38

Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually.
Click on Cancel to abort the JIT debug request.

Pls help.

Old July 30th, 2006, 08:28 AM

I just wanted to thanks those of you who also had the annoying and worrisome JIT Debugger messages coming on desktop. I have just bought a new hard drive and so far I am not impressed with Windows xp pro / sp 2. I have a HP Photosmart 2610 all in one printer that used to work with no problems and now I can´t get it to work properly with this Windows program . I have un-installed and re-installed at least 6 times with the same problem which is that HP Director doesn´t open. But thanks to all of you that have similar problems, I was able to solve the bug messages, thanks. Julia. Any help or advice on helping me with my current issue would be greatly appreciated. But not until September as I will be out of town.

Julia Smith
Old September 28th, 2006, 08:12 AM

Location: 2-7-2 Noukendai,Kanazawaku,Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bhavanipodipireddy
 I have created a setup file to execute a VB.NET application developed using VS.NET 2003.. I want to execute the applciation on a client computer,, so i have installed the microsoft .NET framework and also SDK.

While i am trying to execute the exe file ont he client computer i am getting an error message..

"Application has generated an Exception that could not be handled..

Process id=0x5d4(1492) Thread id=0x4c8(1224)

Registered JIT debugger is not available..An attempt to launch a jit debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2(2).please check the computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0x5d4"

Can anyone help me how to solve this problem

thank u.

Old October 20th, 2006, 07:11 AM

Send a message via MSN to Mattimore

ok, i get the error big time when i try to run a Superpower 2 game editor, not that can say much for my debugging skill, i have followed many of the suggestions, only problem is i don't use a dell. i have the XP pro and framework .Net and that debugger, but have no debugging skill like i said, and get the message everytime. can anyone help?

Old January 11th, 2007, 10:47 PM

Applying the .Net Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 fixed my problem.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b-a83353618b38

Old February 19th, 2007, 10:06 AM

Same problem... though I had a bad virus & am still trying to recover from it but when my automatic updates go to install the one that fails everytime is security update for .net framework - I get the same error msg. I'm working with an HP Media Center & I know this post is just a FEW years after the original was posted but either way I'm having the same problem. I've actually installed .net framework 2 & want to get rid of 1.1 but whenever I go to uninstall it it stops in the middle b/c it can't find a file. I know 98% of this has to do w/ the virus I had but I'm desperately trying to avoid having to reformat my hard drive. I'd totally reinstall windows if I could but I don't have the disks, it came pre installed on my computer....

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bhavanipodipireddy
 I have created a setup file to execute a VB.NET application developed using VS.NET 2003.. I want to execute the applciation on a client computer,, so i have installed the microsoft .NET framework and also SDK.

While i am trying to execute the exe file ont he client computer i am getting an error message..

"Application has generated an Exception that could not be handled..

Process id=0x5d4(1492) Thread id=0x4c8(1224)

Registered JIT debugger is not available..An attempt to launch a jit debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2(2).please check the computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0x5d4"

Can anyone help me how to solve this problem

thank u.

Old April 29th, 2007, 02:03 PM

Omg i cant get it to work can anyone do anything before i go crazy??? :(