Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

Go Back   Wrox Programmer Forums > ASP.NET and ASP > ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 > ASP.NET 1.1
Password Reminder
Register
| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
ASP.NET 1.1 As of 10/6/2005, this forum is locked as part of the reorganization described here: http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35394. No posts have been deleted. Open ongoing discussions from the last week have been moved to either ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Beginners http://p2p.wrox.com/asp-net-1-0-1-1-basics-60/ or ASP.NET 1.0 and 1.1 Professional. http://p2p.wrox.com/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=50. See my sticky post inside for more.
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the ASP.NET 1.1 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old December 30th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Friend of Wrox

Default Compiler failed with Error Code 2000

"Compiler failed with Error Code 2000"

Has anyone else received this message? I get this sometimes when I press F5 and it is usually after I add a new line or new lines of code.

This is making a reference to a .dll that I compiled. The odd thing is that doesn't happen everytime that I debug. If I take out the line of code that I just added, press F5 again, my application works. Then I add back in the previously offending line of code, press F5, and it works. However, until I either take out the code and put it back in (which only works some of the time) or reboot my machine and delete the temporary ASP.Net files, I get the same message.

There really doesn't seem to be any reason that I can see on why it would do this one time and skip another. I haven't yet received this error when debugging Windows applications, only Web apps which would seem to explain why deleting the temporary ASP.Net files temporarily fixes the problem.

I am using VS.Net 1.1 and have the .Net Framework version 1.1.4322 SP1 installed.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

J
Old December 30th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Friend of Wrox

OK, I went to the MSDN site and got a little info on this.

Apparently this is a known bug with project references in web applications. According to MS, this only applies to VS2003 and has been fixed in VS2005 (a lot of good that does me).

Their solution is to re-build the solution and not just build after receiving this error. If anyone else has gotten this error, they know how annoying this is. I tried it and it did work after re-building, but geez, come on MS...

J