Wrox Programmer Forums

Need to download code?

View our list of code downloads.

| FAQ | Members List | Calendar | Search | Today's Posts | Mark Forums Read
BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming: Problem - Design - Solution by Marco Bellinaso; ISBN: 9780764584640
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: ASP.NET 2.0 Website Programming Problem Design Solution ISBN: 978-0-7645-8464-0 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of tens of thousands of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. As a guest, you can read any forum posting. By joining today you can post your own programming questions, respond to other developers’ questions, and eliminate the ads that are displayed to guests. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free .
DRM-free e-books 300x50

Old July 2nd, 2006, 04:19 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MythicalMe
 A VB port of the code is going to happen. I am now about half way through chapter 5 and translating as I read.
MythicalMe, would you be willing to share what you have so far? I have spent way too many sleepless nights ripping my hair out trying to figure out how to integrate the C# (which I know not a lick about, and there's no way I can tackle learning it in the next millenium) into VB. It's not like I'm looking for the whole tamale - I'm just having a nightmare of a time trying to setup an object that the GridView can use for the shopping cart. I would be SOOOO thankful, to the point of renumeration if I can get out of this rut!

CindyLu

Old July 2nd, 2006, 06:39 PM
Authorized User

I would be happy to share what I have provided that Jim Minatel says that it's OK and that everyone who downloads the code realizes that it is unfinished and therefore may have a few bugs yet.

Old July 2nd, 2006, 08:16 PM

Mythical Me, you are the rock star! From what I've read, it's not just me - you are going to have A LOT of fans! Can't thank you enough for taking on such a huge project.

I was serious about the renumeration thing - I would be happy to contribute to the cause - I think you saved me the cost of a heart attack! If you do share the before-ready-for-prime-time version, I'll be anxiously awaiting your post on this topic making the grand announcement.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!
CindyLu
Old July 4th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Authorized User

I am indeed thankful to Mythical Me for taking much efforts and deciding
to support the VB community, with his experience and ethusiastic nature.

I wish him a great sucess for his translation regarding the book.

Eagerly waiting for the announcement. May i request "Marco" to just have a quick look at the codes in VB and give us a green signal to download.

This will save time in correcting errors if any.

Thanks

softmind

Old July 5th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Friend of Wrox

Quote:
quote:May i request "Marco" to just have a quick look at the codes in VB and give us a green signal to download

He's pretty busy so he may not be able to check it out, but you shouldn't let that stop you.

I can host the VB .zip file on my server if you want, at least for now (unless MythicalMe has his own server). We should let people give it a try for a while, and once everyone is pretty happy with it we can pass it to Jim Minatel to see if he can post it on the Wrox site.

We don't want it posted at the Wrox site until it's been vetted by a couple different people. But it doesn't have to be perfect, of course!

People can use this forum to make comments about the VB version, since it's definitely on topic here.

Eric
Old July 5th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Authorized User

Eric, I sent the code to Jim. Your suggestion about using your server to host the file is the better suggestion. My website is not a good place to host files at the moment, so I need to know who to send it to or where to upload the zip file.

MythicalMe

Old July 5th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Authorized User

You VB guys should check out the WROX book ASP.NET 2.0 instant results

Thier examples are only in VB.NET and I am wishing it was c#.net

Old July 7th, 2006, 06:09 AM
Authorized User

Hello,

Is it possible for someone to host a working site like Beer House in VB.NET.

This would be a nice solution for any one to work simulteneously with book and working reference.

Can someone pleate donate a webspace for a working example, till wrox comes out with a VB.NET version.

Softmind

Old July 7th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Authorized User

Quote:
quote:Is it possible for someone to host a working site like Beer House in VB.NET.
I've posted a response in the thread: VB code version link.

Old July 8th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Wrox Author
Points: 72,055, Level: 100 Points: 72,055, Level: 100 Points: 72,055, Level: 100
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote:
quote:You VB guys should check out the WROX book ASP.NET 2.0 instant results

Thier examples are only in VB.NET and I am wishing it was c#.net
The grass is always greener on the other side.... ;)

http://p2p.wrox.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46718

Member punkouter started the idea of doing a C# translation of the Instant Results book as well so if someone is interested in helping.....

Imar
---------------------------------------
Imar Spaanjaars
Everyone is unique, except for me.
Author of ASP.NET 2.0 Instant Results and Beginning Dreamweaver MX / MX 2004