Wrox Programmer Forums
|
BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 : in C# and VB BOOK ISBN: 978-0-470-18759-3
This is the forum to discuss the Wrox book Beginning ASP.NET 3.5: In C# and VB by Imar Spaanjaars; ISBN: 9780470187593
Welcome to the p2p.wrox.com Forums.

You are currently viewing the BOOK: Beginning ASP.NET 3.5 : in C# and VB BOOK ISBN: 978-0-470-18759-3 section of the Wrox Programmer to Programmer discussions. This is a community of software programmers and website developers including Wrox book authors and readers. New member registration was closed in 2019. New posts were shut off and the site was archived into this static format as of October 1, 2020. If you require technical support for a Wrox book please contact http://hub.wiley.com

Old April 24th, 2010, 04:16 AM
Wrox Author

Thanked 1,576 Times in 1,552 Posts

I sound like a broken record but did you consider searching Google for this:

http://www.google.nl/#hl=nl&q=%22lik...b3a3d1601fd84c

BTW: records were those big black discs that came before CDs, back in the days. They had a tendency to hang when scratched.

Imar

Author of Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB, Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
and Beginning ASP.NET 4 : in C# and VB.
Did this post help you? Click the button below this post to show your appreciation!

Old April 25th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Friend of Wrox

Hello,
Quote:
My advise: move to another host
Well I am about to change it, it would be better for me.
But for the time being I request you one more time that may you please provide me a sample database (ASPNETDB type) credentials so that I may check that it is a problem with my website or their server.
If you agree then I will tell you my email Id. It will help me in recognizing the actual problem. And it will be great help for me.
Thank you

Old April 25th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Wrox Author

Quote:
that may you please provide me a sample database (ASPNETDB type) credentials so that I may check that it is a problem with my website or their server.
I don't understand what you're asking here....

Imar

Author of Beginning ASP.NET 4.5 : in C# and VB, Beginning ASP.NET Web Pages with WebMatrix
Did this post help you? Click the button below this post to show your appreciation!

Old April 25th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Friend of Wrox

Quote:
I don't understand what you're asking here....
I am saying that as I can access production database using management studio and also in server explorer and moreover I can access it running local site (but changing connection string with the production one) so I just wanna check that is it my production website problem or their server error.
That is why I am requesting, may you please provide a sample(test) ASPNETDB database, which stores users, profiles etc., credentials (server name, user name and password) so that by changing connection string I may check that my website is communicating with any database or not.
Thank you.

Old April 25th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Wrox Author

You're asking me to open up my SQL Server to the Internet and give you login credentials so you can check your application???

Sorry, can't do.

Imar

Old April 25th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Friend of Wrox

Quote:
You're asking me to open up my SQL Server to the Internet and give you login credentials so you can check your application???
Nothing like that. Yeah asking for credentials but for the one that you use just for testing, not your live database where your all information resides.
I am just asking for that sample database which contains just schema of (ASPNETDB Database) or hardly contains 2 -3 records.
Thank you.

Old April 25th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Friend of Wrox

Quote:
Nothing like that. Yeah asking for credentials but for the one that you use just for testing, not your live database where your all information resides.
I am just asking for that sample database which contains just schema of (ASPNETDB Database) or hardly contains 2 -3 records.
Or Alternatively I can give you my credentials of ASPNETDB database at your email Id that I got once when I sent you msg. through your site, and it will take you just 2-3 minutes for changing connection string and looking that if database is communicating with live website.
Thank you.

Old April 25th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Wrox Author

Quote:
Yeah asking for credentials but for the one that you use just for testing, not your live database where your all information resides.
I don't get it. That still means opening up my network and SQL Server for remote connections, something I am NOT going to do. I also don't see what this is going to solve or prove. Why not just use your local SQL Server and open it up?

Imar

Old April 25th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Friend of Wrox

Quote:
Why not just use your local SQL Server and open it up?
How I determine the Server address. As I have been using default web development server, and it does everything for it self and also I installed the sql server along with VS2008. So please guide me to find out the server name/address.
Thank you

Old April 25th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Wrox Author

I am sorry but this is getting a bit too off-topic for me. I can help you try to fix stuff explained in my book when it doesn't work, but I am not your local PC support guy. This is taken me a bit too much of my free time, if you see what I mean.

Switch hosts: tell your new one you want to run ASP.NET and you should be good to go. Then configure 1 database with your own app data and the .NET membership data as explained in the book and reconfigure the application.

All other time you put in to this is probably a waste of time....

Imar